Monday 8 October 2012

This week I'm...

Making - I am still planning to take part in the Banksia sew-along so I'll be working on that this week.
Reading - My father-in-law gave me Doghouse Roses, a book of short stories by Steve Earle, and I've been really enjoying reading that in my lunch break today.  I'm still reading Life by Keith Richards as my night-time read. I always have at least two books on the go at the one time, how about you? Do you have different books for different times? Usually I keep my fiction for the evening and non-fiction during the day but at the moment it's the opposite as the dreary weather is making me crave some lunchtime escape.
Listening -lots and lots of Max Richter as we're going to see him perform Infra at the Barbican at the end of the month and I'm so excited already!
Watching - Last night I watched the first episode of Paradise, the new BBC drama set in a department store in Manchester in the 1860s.  The clothes are beautiful and the programme itself is a good bit of escapism so I think I'll watch the next 2 episodes which have aired already.
Planning -a dress for a wedding I'm going to in November. I got the fabric in Walthamstow market and will hopefully get a toile made up this week.

fabric from Walthamstow market (top fabric for dress)

No comments:

Post a Comment