Friday 17 April 2020

Queue for the Zoo Quilt


This is a quilt pattern I've been wanting to use for a long time, the Giant Vintage Star pattern by Jeni Baker but I could never think of what fabric to use for it as I loved the vintage sheets used by Jeni Baker in the pattern design, and the original tutorial which the design came from. and somehow couldn't see past that. However, when one of my friends had a baby boy I suddenly remembered about this Liberty Queue for the Zoo fabric I bought years ago in Liberty. I think initially I was going to make shorts for my son but the fabric is too fine for that really. I thought it would work really well with this pattern and am so pleased with how it turned out!  The beautiful blue fabric is Cirrus solids in 'rain' from M is for Make, these solids are just the most beautiful texture, every time I use one I wish I'd bought more of it!

It was an easy pattern to follow, clearly explained and nice and quick to put together. I kept the quilting simple too and backed it with a light blue chambray (part of a double duvet set I bought in Muji in a sale a while ago, specifically for quilting with).  My son helped to take the photos, as you can see!


The new baby has a big sister so I wanted to make her something too. This was my second time making the I Heart You bag by Sweet Cinnamon Roses.  It's such a cute pattern and, although it's a bit fiddly to cut out and make, it is totally worth it!




2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the fabric and the matching bag is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fabric is pretty special isn't it?! I always think it's a good idea to make something for the siblings of new babies and it's nice when it can match like this!

      Delete