Sunday 22 September 2019

Gift bags

I love making little gifts such as pencil cases and bags but don't always remember to record them here. I thought I'd share these ones as the tutorial I used is so good I thought it was worth sharing again. The elephant drawstring bag was made with some scraps of this organic cotton from M is for Make. I bought this fabric years ago to make curtains for my son's nursery.  They didn't fit in our new home so I washed the fabric and unpicked it all.  It was used to make this quilt and bedding for a dolls bed but I still have plenty left.

This was a present for the son of one of my best friend's so it's nice to use special fabrics for special people!  I chose this book as it was one of Harris's favourites when he was 3/4 years old - we now read the Jolly Rodgers chapter books but he still likes the picture books too of course.




So lets get to the tutorial! It is called the Kids Washbag Tutorial from Handmade Jane.  Obviously it is meant for waterproof fabrics but the tutorial works just as well to make bags for all other purposes.  The one I made for my son is used to transport Lego, cars and other toys when we go on holiday.  The elephant one was used as a book bag but with the intention it would work as a toy bag too.  I've made some before and will definitely make them again!  I made my son's one to match his pencil case but now he's asked if he can have another pencil case so that he can have one in his school bag and one at home so maybe I'll make another drawstring bag to match a new pencil case. This time he's requested superhero fabric so I'll need to do some shopping for this one!


As an aside, I'm not sure how many people still read blogs. I mean I know I do but I definitely don't comment nearly as much as I used to, mainly because the Bloglovin app was so terrible on my phone and I never really got round to looking into a replacement.  I hope people still read this but when I was thinking about whether or not to post I realised I post here as much, if not more, for me than for anyone else. having this reminder of everything I've made together like this is very good for me. Whenever I feel anxious or stressed about what I am doing, or not doing, one way I can cheer myself up is to look at my blog and remind myself of all the things I've created. So that's me up to date with finished makes, now it's time to get on with some of those unfinished ones - cushions, quilts, EPP project etc etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment