Saturday 25 September 2021

Another Bear Paw

 I just can't stop making these Bear Paw baby quilts.  The original tutorial is this one from In Color Order.  The borders on the tutorial are wider than mine are here so I didn't follow the tutorial completely.  This was a last-minute present, and I'm trying to use up fabric I have, so I used all fabrics that I already had.   The blues are very scrappy - some Charley Harper scraps with some other blue scraps off an old Toy Story duvet cover I bought in a charity shop and changed from single size to cot size years ago.  The backing is a lovely bird fabric that a friend gave to me. I often use up smaller pieces for backings but since this was last minute it was good to have a bigger piece.  The birds on the back also nicely matched the Charley Harper bird scraps.  This is definitely one of my go-to quilt blocks. Does anyone else have favourite blocks? I do need to try out some different blocks soon too!

Bear Paw baby quilt
Back of baby quilt





No comments:

Post a Comment