Monday 21 January 2013

Baby blanket No.2

After an initially slow start to sewing plans in January - hampered by flue and quickly followed by starting a new job - I was glad to have a nice quick project to start with.  Yes, another baby blanket, this time for Lily, the daughter of one of my friends.  We've been friends a long time so I think I know the colours and patterns she would like - basically anything with a bit of a 60s/70s vibe and/or lots of colours.  This repeat print elephant fabric in Ray Stitch it seemed like the perfect choice!  I backed it with the same blue fleece given to my by another friend (which may or may not be a smuggled airline blanket - ahem!) and once again I used an embroidery chain stitch to sew on the initial.




 I'm so happy with how this turned out and once again would highly recommend Jane's tutorial for any beginner's like myself, or indeed for anyone in need of a quick, satisfying sewing fix!

Continuing on with this productivity I surprised myself last night by getting on with a turquoise dress, another McCalls 2401, which I've had cut out for ages. Hopefully I'll get it finished by the end of the week! I did make a second McCalls 2401, after the initial toile, in a lovely fabric I got from Walthamstow market.  I made it for a wedding but forgot to get any photos, then I wore it again for my birthday on Saturday and once again forgot to take any photos.  I'll just have to wear it again this weekend and get a photo this time!

Progress!

2 comments:

  1. I love the elephant fabric. Lily is going to be very cosy under that beautiful blanket. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard to choose the fabric as there were so many cute ones!

      Delete