Wednesday 11 April 2012

There hasn't been a whole lot of sewing going on with me, though I have been busy - trips away visiting family and friends, work, films - and most importantly the opening of my brother's restaurant Pizzorante in the lovely town of Abergavenny! I'll save talking about that for another post though as I need to put the photos of the opening on to my laptop first so I can share some of them too.

The last item of clothing I made was another Sorbetto at the start of February.  I am actually pretty pleased with this one, I used a vivid blue shop-bought bias binding that I think provides a nice contrast to the green of the fabric. The only thing is that somehow I still managed to make this too short, even with adding an extra inch on the bottom.  I've worn it tucked in with a navy skirt to work and it looked pretty smart but I think with jeans it might just keep untucking, unless I get some new higher-waisted jeans (any excuse!).  I love the fabric, it's a Liberty print I picked up in one of the shops on Goldhawk Road for £7/8 a metre - half the price of the fabrics in the Liberty shop!

 
I really thought I'd have done more sewing by now but there's a number of factors - business at work, enjoying exploring London and taking advantage of living in such a busy city, and of course sheer laziness as well.  By the time I get home from work I can't face getting the sewing machine out and hitting the steep learning curve that is inevitable for such a novice sewer as me.

However I just spotted that Karen of Did You Make That? fame is hosting a pyjama sewalong so I'm going to take advantage of that to get myself moving on the sewing front! I've cut out a pyjama pattern (Mccalls 6249) and had it pinned to the fabric I'm going to use for ages now.  Yes, just pinned, I haven't even got round to cutting them out yet.  So, thank you Karen for giving me the extra bit of motivation I hope will get me started on learning to sew again!

No comments:

Post a Comment