Monday 20 August 2012

This week I'm...


 
Making - a jersey maxi skirt out of some bright coral fabric I got in the remnants bin in Mandors in Glasgow (that's it above, with my book, though the colour is a lot brighter in real life)
Reading – The Canal (I'm really enjoying it, it's just taking me a bit longer to get through than usual due to all this sunshine - too hot to concentrate on a book!) and Alice in Wonderland with gorgeous illustrations by Tove Jansson. I love re-reading children's books!
Listening – lots of reggae in anticipation for my first time at Notting Hill Carnival next weekend
Watching – catching up on new series' of CSI and CSI Miami
Planning – to draft a pencil skirt pattern and make a muslin
Loving – sunny days and spontaneous mid-week picnics in the park! 

Practice makes perfect


and tonight? I'm... practising sewing with jersey in anticipation of making my maxi-skirt.  This khaki jersey is a lot finer than the coral I'm going to use for the skirt so I figure, if anything it'll be harder to sew with? I'm using Lladybird's Conquering knits and Maria's kimono t-shirt instructions for guidance and help.



No comments:

Post a Comment