Monday 4 July 2011

Mending

Well tonight is the first night I'm actually going to sit down and get some mending done as it's been a busy few weeks.  I'm not complaining though as it's been a really fun few weeks! We were up in Glasgow for a wedding (where I wore my re-fashioned dress), I've got to spend lots of time with three of my best pals, in Glasgow and in London, and yesterday we went to see Pulp! Added into that was lots of delicious food and wine, some cocktails, and well, I'm sure you can see why the mending went right to the end of the queue!

Tonight though, I've fixed the lining on a coat and now I'm sitting down to fix on buttons to 2 jackets and 1 skirt.  I know they're pretty basic mending jobs but for me it's still a step forward if I can learn how to fix buttons on properly as up till now my efforts only seem to last a short time till they fall off again - a sure sign I'm doing something wrong. 

it's a pretty big tear! took longer than I thought to whipstitch round it

I didn't have any matching fabric so decided to go for something fun & contrasting instead
Hopefully I'll get it all done tonight as it's the last night I'll be in the house before the end of Make and Mend 201 - another busy week this week then a weekend in the country for me, visiting Zoe in Castle Douglas.  I love going to Dumfries and Galloway - the scenery is so beautiful, good company, and this time a new puppy to play with - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment